How to Prep Your Room for Painting
- Putty Knives
- Sanding sponges
- 220-grit sandpaper
- Pole Sander
Before doing anything, clear away anything that get’s in the way of your painting
- Switch plate covers
- Window treatments
- Light fixtures
- Small electronics, plug-in appliances or easy-to-move furniture.
Step 1: CLEAN
- Clean the walls with a sponge and mild detergent from the bottom up.
- Rinse the sponge frequently as you clean.
- Make sure all walls and surfaces are completely dry before you paint.
Step 2: SMOOTH
- Lightly sand the walls
- Fill in any imperfection you can see from 5 feet away in normal lighting
- Sand all your repairs for a smooth finish.
- Finally, vacuum up any dust and debris.
Step 3: PROTECT
- Cover floors and any furniture in the room with drop cloths.
Don’t forget to use FrogTape® on any areas you don’t want to paint, like baseboards, trims, windows or doorframes. More tips before you start to paint? Add a coat of primer so your old paint doesn’t show through and makes it possible to finish the job in just one coat of paint.
Plaid Patterned Hutch
Big, bold and beautiful colors. See how KariAnne from Thistlewood Farms brought the 2022 FrogTape® Design Trend "Shine" to life with this DIY patterned hutch.
Custom Nursery Bookshelves
Christin, from the Homier Home, used the 2022 Design Trend "Embrace" to add extra coziness to the reading corner of her nursery with floating bookshelves and a warm, chevron pattern.
3 Tips for a Top-Notch Room Makeover
Ashley and Jamin, from The Handmade Home, share their tips and tricks for using FrogTape to achieve a flawless room makeover.
Heart-Inspired Closet Makeover
Haneen, from Haneen's Haven, put her artistic skills to the test with this colorful and carefree closet makeover, inspired by the 2022 Design Trend "Revive."