How to Prep Your Room for Painting
- Putty Knives
- Sanding sponges
- 220-grit sandpaper
- Pole Sander
Before doing anything, clear away anything that get’s in the way of your painting
- Switch plate covers
- Window treatments
- Light fixtures
- Small electronics, plug-in appliances or easy-to-move furniture.
Step 1: CLEAN
- Clean the walls with a sponge and mild detergent from the bottom up.
- Rinse the sponge frequently as you clean.
- Make sure all walls and surfaces are completely dry before you paint.
Step 2: SMOOTH
- Lightly sand the walls
- Fill in any imperfection you can see from 5 feet away in normal lighting
- Sand all your repairs for a smooth finish.
- Finally, vacuum up any dust and debris.
Step 3: PROTECT
- Cover floors and any furniture in the room with drop cloths.
Don’t forget to use FrogTape® on any areas you don’t want to paint, like baseboards, trims, windows or doorframes. More tips before you start to paint? Add a coat of primer so your old paint doesn’t show through and makes it possible to finish the job in just one coat of paint.
How to Paint Sharp Lines on Textured and Uneven Surfaces
Painting sharp lines on textured or uneven surfaces can be frustrating. Here are some tips to get the job done right.
One-Day Home DIY Projects
Looking for a quick way to refresh your space? Try out one of these 5 home DIY projects that can be completed in one day.
4 Tips for Preparing Your Home to Sell in Today’s Market
Quick, easy DIY projects to give your space a facelift before listing.
Melissa Woods took inspiration from the 2023 Design Trend "Bohemian Bazaar" to create this colorful mural. Using bright, bohemian colors, FrogTape® and a few paint rollers, Melissa, from Welcome to the Woods, made an amazing feature for a bedroom.